I Love My Job

As some of you already know, I'm taking a blogging break in November to focus on my writing. But I just had to say, for the record, that I love my job. Seriously, if any of you are EFMs and are thinking about being the CLO at post, do it! I'm in a bit of a unique situation, given the tiny size of our post and the fact that we haven't had a CLO in over 5 years, but this is the best job I've ever had. I get to plan parties, create the newsletter, arrange tours, help make post videos, and generally raise morale at post (or try to, anyway). Sure, there's some admin stuff, and I do a fair amount of non-CLO work because post is small and we all take on additional roles here. But overall, it's awesome.

On Wednesday I planned a Halloween party for the consulate. I had the help of all the awesome locally employed staff with kids, and of course our PAO made some of her delicious treats for the group. The amount of thanks and enthusiasm I've gotten over the past two months is just amazing. It's nice to feel like I'm making a difference, and seeing all the Russian kids trick or treat for the first time was so much fun. I am one lucky girl.

There's also this. Like I said, lucky.

Comments

Popular Posts